AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines.
Our Purpose is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We believe the best way we can achieve our Purpose is to put science at the centre of everything we do. Science defines who we are. It is why we come to work every day and is part of our DNA. But this is only half of the story. We know that we do not have all the answers. We want to share ideas because we believe it results in better medicines. We want the way we work to be inclusive, open and collaborative. This approach runs through all that we do.
We focus on three main therapy areas – Oncology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease (CVMD) and Respiratory – and we are also selectively active in the areas of autoimmunity, neuroscience and infection. To put ourselves in the best position to push the boundaries of science, we seek to leverage our combination of capabilities, which encompass both small molecules and biologics, and include immunotherapies and developing innovative delivery devices that can offer choice to patients. These are reinforced by a strong focus on personalised healthcare capabilities, which aim to match medicines only to those patients who will benefit from them. Our teams also work alongside the world's leading academic and biotech research institutions to stimulate innovation and evaluate emerging technologies such as Modified RNA and CRISPR genome editing.
AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
The successful candidate would be responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, developing and implementing solutions to business and legal challenges, drafting and negotiating documents, presenting business-centric recommendations and assuring legal compliance. The person should have exceptional communication skills. He/she will provide counsel to various functional towers and other support functions. This role would report to the Legal Director.
- Drafting, Reviewing, revising and negotiating agreements.
- Support in drafting of Policies and other documents.
- Maintaining, updating and revising contract templates and MIS.
- Advising and responding to legal inquiries from in-house clients that may relate to regulatory issues, data privacy, real estate, employment laws, social media, ethical issues
and general legal matters.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and advising on emerging regulations.
- Handling legal disputes and management reporting
- Support in Corporate Secretarial matters & Risk management
- Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Monitoring statutory compliance, identifying gaps and highlighting the same for corrective actions.
- Duties including file maintenance, preparing MIS and other reports, tracking legal budgets and spends, support in audits and keeping all the legal documents securely
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputed university.
WizLaw shares these job / internship opportunities on 'as is' basis, gathered from various public platforms and forums, without any modifications to the post whatsoever.
Kindly mail us at [email protected] to report / modify / delete this job / internship opportunity.
Please join our WhatsApp group & follow our social media handles to stay updated on our Fireside chat webinars, internships and jobs:
WhatsApp - https://chat.whatsapp.com/E9fPRHxQh67BnaZ5cqOnQW
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/wizlaw
Instagram - https://instagram.com/wizlawacademy